An Experienced Personal Injury Team You Can Trust
A serious personal injury or death can happen quickly, leaving victims and families suffering pain, disability and lost income. While nothing can ever replace what you have lost, a legal claim will help to replace what your family has lost financially.
At the Albany, New York, law firm of Anderson, Moschetti & Taffany, PLLC, our personal injury lawyers know the tough times you are facing after a serious accident and injury. With over 100 years of combined experience, our lawyers have represented thousands of victims who suffered harm at the hands of a negligent driver, property owner, product manufacturer, medical provider or business. For over four decades, we have won multi-million-dollar record -breaking verdicts and settlements for our clients.
If you or someone you love was injured or lost their life in an accident, we can help you.
What To Know About Accidents And Injuries
A personal injury or death claim arises from many situations:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Virtually everyone is involved in a car accident at some point in their life. Those who are seriously injured because of someone else’s negligence is legally entitled to seek compensation.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents: You have just as much right to navigate the road as cars, but many drivers ignore that right and cause needless injury.
- Truck accidents: Collisions involving trucks or tractor-trailers are often devastating, resulting in catastrophic injury or death.
- Motorcycle accidents: Car and truck drivers often fail to see motorcyclists and cause injury or death to these particularly vulnerable persons.
- Construction accidents: Accidents on construction sites can result in serious and permanent injury and loss of income from the inability to return to work.
- Premises liability: Property owners must take care to keep visitors safe from tripping hazards and slip-and-fall accidents.
- Dog bites: Pet owners are often responsible if their dog or another pet attacks someone. Injuries from an animal bites can result in permanent physical and psychological scars.
- Defective products: Companies have a duty to create safe products that are not dangerous to those who buy and use them.
- Medical malpractice: If your doctor or other health care provider fails to provide treatment that meets the standard of good medical care, resulting in injury or death, we will help you hold them responsible.
- Wrongful death: Losing someone in a fatal accident is devastating. A lawsuit will help to provide a measure of justice and replace income lost by a wage-earning spouse.
Most personal injury cases never go to trial. However, insurance companies often don’t pay victims what they deserve without a lawyer to hold them accountable. Let us fight for you and your family, so you can move forward with your life.
Why Hire Our Law Firm?
People have turned to us for years because of our experience and approach to personal injury. With over a century years of combined experience, our personal injury attorneys understand the law and how to win cases because of their experience and reputation in the Capital District. When you are dealing with the aftermath of an accident, you want to know you are in proven and caring hands.
Clients appreciate that we do whatever it takes to prove their claims and obtain a recovery. That could mean getting a settlement or going to court if necessary. No matter what, your case is our priority.
You Will Receive Personal Attention
We pride ourselves on our personalized approach. You will work with a lawyer who takes the time to learn the facts of your case, answer your questions, and guide you through the legal process from beginning to end. Your lawyer is your main point of contact throughout the process. They will answer all your questions and ease any concerns about what comes next.
Common Questions Regarding Personal Injury Cases
Your first step is to find the right attorney. The information can help you decide how to move forward. Please also feel free to contact us with your questions.
What is a personal injury claim?
It is the law in New York law that every driver must operate their vehicle safely. A property owner must maintain their property safely so that visitors do not slip, trip or fall. Health care providers have to provide care that does not harm patients. Owners and general contractors have a duty to keep construction sites safe. Product manufacturers must design safe products that don’t cause injury during use.
When someone suffers an injury because of someone else’s negligence, the injured person may file a lawsuit. This provides a way to seek lawful seeking compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills and permanent injury.
When should I contact a lawyer?
If you have an injury due to the fault of another person or company, you should contact a lawyer immediately. The sooner you do so, the sooner you can get answers to important questions such as: How will I pay my medical bills? Should I talk to the other driver’s insurance company? Your questions deserve an answer from a legal professional.
What are the benefits of hiring a lawyer?
If you are hurt, you think about seeing your doctor or going to the emergency room. You should seek the same advice for legal matters such as whether you have the right to compensation.
How long will my personal injury claim take?
It depends. Some cases settle in months. Others take much longer, even two or more years. The range depends upon many factors, including how much time it takes for the victim to recover and whether litigation is necessary.
What are the stages of a personal injury claim?
If litigation is necessary, the stages are:
- Settlement or trial in court
Do I really need an attorney?
Yes. If you or a family member suffer an injury, your best chance of getting compensation is to work with a lawyer. Without one, you have to face the insurance company on your own. They hire experienced lawyers to defend their insureds and will use the legal system to avoid paying the compensation that you or a family member deserve. Your attorney will know how to fight them and know when you should go to trial.
What does a personal injury attorney do?
Personal injury attorneys help get compensation for the client’s pain and suffering, wage loss, medical bills and other damages where there was negligence on the part of a person or company.
What makes a good personal injury lawyer?
A good personal injury attorney has qualities such as:
- Compassion and individualized attention
- Trial experience
- Good reputation
What questions should I ask a personal injury lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Will a lawyer or a paralegal handle my case?
- Do you take cases to trial if necessary?
- Should I go to trial?
- How much experience do you have?
- What is your reputation?
- What are your biggest verdicts and settlements?
How much do attorneys get paid from a settlement or a verdict?
Personal injury cases are handled on a contingent fee basis. In New York, attorneys usually get 33% of the settlement or verdict (after costs), though in medical negligence cases the fees are set by statute and are lower. A contingent fee means that you do not owe anything unless you receive compensation. With a skilled lawyer on your side, your recovery is typically many times what you would have received fighting the insurance company on your own.
Talk To One Of Our Experienced Lawyers Today
If you are struggling due to a serious personal injury or the death of a family member, call Anderson, Moschetti & Taffany, PLLC, today at 518-785-4900 or utilize our contact form for a free consultation.