Peter J. Moschetti
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability/Slip and Fall
- Construction Injuries
- Complex Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Criminal Defense
- Government Investigations
Mr. Moschetti is a trial lawyer attorney and a founding member of the law firm of Anderson, Moschetti & Taffany. He is considered one of the top personal injury and criminal defense lawyers in Upstate New York. In over thirty-five years of practice he has obtained numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases and has achieved record-setting verdicts in a number of counties in the Capital District Region, including a verdict of more than 15.8 million dollars.
Since leaving the Nassau County District Attorney's Office in 1987, he has focused on the trial of personal injury and wrongful death cases, including complex product liability and medical malpractice actions. He has represented hundreds of victims of motor vehicle collisions, construction and industrial accidents, defective products as well as medical and nursing home malpractice.
Mr. Moschetti also defends individuals and corporations charged with serious crimes in both the state and federal courts. He advises, represents and defends individual and corporate clients regarding criminal matters and government investigation. Mr. Moschetti has earned the reputation as one of the top criminal defense attorneys in the Capital District through his representation of clients in cases ranging from murder, assault, drugs and DWI to complex white-collar cases such as mail and wire fraud, bank fraud and embezzlement. He has successfully tried numerous criminal cases in the state and federal courts. He has been appointed as a Special Prosecutor in high-profile criminal cases in the Capital District. Mr. Moschetti also represents lawyers and judges before state agencies investigating complaints of professional and judicial misconduct.
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1984
- Honors: cum laude
- University of New Haven, New Haven, Connecticut
- Honors: summa cum laude
- New York, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Founding member
- New York State Gaming Commission, appointed by Governor Andrew Cuomo , 2014-Present
- AV Preeminent rated, Martindale-Hubbell, since 2000
- Best Lawyers in New York State, Super Lawyers magazine, since 2007
- Best Lawyers of America, Lifetime Member
- Top 25 lawyers in the Hudson Valley area, since 2007
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Classes & Seminars
- Frequent Lecturer, New York State Bar Association
- Lecturer, Trial Practice and Procedure, Albany Law School
- New York State Temporary Commission on Lobbying, appointed by Governor George Pataki, Commissioner, 2004 to 2005
- Nassau County District Attorney’s Office, Prosecutor, 1984 to 1987
- $15.8 million verdict on behalf of a college student injured on campus in a premises liability case.
- $4.6 million verdict in a product liability case for a man badly injured while working on machinery
- $3.6 million verdict in assault case.
- $2.3 million verdict in a motor vehicle-truck accident.
- $1.8 million verdict in a construction accident involving a fall from scaffolding.
- $1.5 million verdict for the wrongful death of a student during a hazing incident.
- $1.475 million verdict in a two-car accident resulting in catastrophic injury to the client.
- $4.2 million settlement in a malpractice case involving the failure to diagnose a spinal fracture.
- $3 million settlement in a construction accident involving a fall from a ladder.
- $2.6 million settlement in a medical malpractice wrongful death action.
- $1.9 million settlement in a boating accident case.
- $1.5 million settlement of a wrongful death and personal injury automobile accident case.
- $1.3 million settlement in a failure to diagnose cervical cancer case.
- $1.2 million wrongful death settlement of a medical malpractice case involving a failed laparoscopic procedure.
- $850,000 settlement in a construction accident involving a fall from a roof.