Peter J. Moschetti, Jr.
Mr. Moschetti is a personal injury attorney and a founding member of the law firm of Anderson, Moschetti and Taffany. He is considered one of the top personal injury and criminal defense lawyers in Upstate New York. In over thirty years of practice he has obtained numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases and has achieved record-setting verdicts in a number of counties in the Capital District Region, including a verdict of more than $15.8 million dollars.
Mr. Moschetti was employed as a prosecutor in the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office from 1984 to 1987. Since leaving the District Attorney’s Office, he has focused on the trial of personal injury and wrongful death cases, including complex product liability and medical malpractice actions. He has represented hundreds of victims of motor vehicle collisions, construction and industrial accidents, defective products as well as medical and nursing home malpractice.
Mr. Moschetti also defends individuals and corporations charged with serious crimes in both the state and federal courts. He represents, advises and defends individual and corporate clients regarding criminal matters, government investigations, complex civil litigation, internal investigations and contested regulatory proceedings. Mr. Moschetti has earned the reputation as one of the top criminal defense attorneys in the Capital District through his representation of hundreds of clients in cases ranging from murder, assault, drugs and DWI to complex white collar cases such as mail and wire fraud, bank fraud and embezzlement. He has successfully tried numerous criminal cases in the state and federal courts. Over the years, he has also been appointed as a Special Prosecutor in a number of high-profile criminal cases in the Capital District. Mr. Moschetti also represents lawyers and judges before state agencies investigating complaints of professional and judicial misconduct.
In addition to the trial courts for the State of New York, Mr. Moschetti is admitted to practice in the U.S. Federal Court for the Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York. He has argued appeals in the New York Court of Appeals and in the Second and Third Departments of the Appellate Division of the State of New York and in the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
Bar Association Memberships
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- University of New Haven, CT 1981 with Honors
- Albany Law School, Albany NY, 1984 with Honors
- Since 1987, Mr. Moschetti has given numerous lectures to lawyers for continuing legal education in the areas of civil and criminal law, including medical malpractice, product liability, construction accidents, automobile accidents, criminal defense trial tactics and suppression and evidentiary issues. He also periodically lectures to students at Albany Law School on trial practice and procedure.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Mr. Moschetti is consistently rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards.
- Since 2007, Mr. Moschetti has been ranked as one of the best lawyers in New York State by Super Lawyers magazine and as one of the top 25 lawyers in the Hudson Valley area.
- In 2005 , Mr. Moschetti was appointed by Governor George Pataki to the New York State Temporary Commission on Lobbying. As a Commissioner, he was involved in the regulation of the state lobbying industry regarding compliance, violations and ethics.
- In 2014, he was appointed by Governor Andrew Cuomo to the New York State Gaming Commission. The Gaming Commission regulates all aspects of gaming and gambling activities in the state, including horse racing and pari-mutual wagering, casino gambling, Class III Indian gambling, the state lottery and charitable gambling.
- $15.8 million verdict on behalf of a college student injured on campus in a premises liability case.
- $4.6 million verdict in a product liability case for a man badly injured while working on machinery.
- $1.8 million verdict in a construction accident involving a fall from scaffolding.
- $1.5 million verdict for the wrongful death of a student during a hazing incident.
- $1.475 million verdict in a two-car accident resulting in catastrophic injury to the client.
- $4.2 million settlement in a malpractice case involving the failure to diagnose a spinal fracture.
- $3 million settlement in a construction accident involving a fall from a ladder.
- $1.5 million settlement of a wrongful death and personal injury automobile accident case.
- $1.3 million settlement in a failure to diagnose cervical cancer case.
- $1.2 million wrongful death settlement of a medical malpractice case involving a failed laparoscopic procedure.
- $850,000 settlement in a construction accident involving a fall from a roof.
When you need the services of a skilled personal injury attorney, contact Peter J. Moschetti, Jr. at the Albany personal injury law firm of Anderson, Moschetti & Taffany, request a free consultation, or call (518) 785-4900.
Visit Full Site